This photo shows the location of the new Orem Utah Temple. | Intellectual Reserve, Inc.
The announcement came Wednesday morning
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced site locations for three new temples in Utah and Texas, according to the church’s Newsroom site.
The three new temples were announced 10 weeks ago.
The Orem Utah Temple will be built at 1471 S. Geneva Road.
- It will sit on a 16-acre site.
- The three-story temple will have about 70,000 square feet of land with a center spire.
- The site will include a meetinghouse of about 20,000 square feet.
The Taylorsville Utah Temple will be built at 2603 W. 4700 South.
- It will have three stories of about 70,000 square feet.
- A meetinghouse located at the property will be removed and not replaced, according to newsroom.
The McAllen Texas Temple will be built on land near Second Street and W. Trenton Road in McAllen.
- The current plans suggest the building will have one story of about 25,000 square feet.
- There will also be a meeting house of about 17,000 square feet at the site.
Details: “Detailed design plans for these temples are still being developed. Further information — including interior and exterior renderings — will be made public later. Groundbreaking dates have not been set. Project leaders will soon start working with city officials in these locations on preliminary plans for the temples, and leaders will begin filing public documents in the coming months,” according to church’s Newsroom site.
Read the rest of the article on Deseret News - Faith.