In the October 2016 general conference, President Thomas S. Monson stood at the pulpit to share brief but enlightening messages with the world. As the prophet and leader of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the challenges he extends to members are relevant and important for us to follow.
In his talk for the Sunday morning session, entitled “The Perfect Path to Happiness,” President Monson encouraged members to strive to do more. On our steady path of improvement, he challenged us to improve not only our knowledge of the gospel but also how we live it.
President Monson’s Sunday morning talk followed his talk in the Priesthood session, “Principles and Promises,” in which he extended a challenge for personal health.
Here are the 5 challenges President Monson extended to the members of the Church in his October 2016 general conference talks:
1. “[May] we care for our bodies and our minds by observing the principles set forth in the Word of Wisdom, a divinely provided plan.”
2. “We need to work and learn, search and pray, repent and improve.”
Read the rest on LDS Living.
Latest posts by LDS Missionaries (see all)
- LDS Couple Sends Powerful Message With Holiday Video - Nov 23, 2017
- See the Apostles Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before - Nov 18, 2017
- BYU Grad Accidentally Kills Cancer - Aug 26, 2017