Here are some great tips on how to be a happy missionary every day on your mission. This article was originally published on Lay Treasures in Heaven.
1) Let yourself stretch. That’s what a mission does to you. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not crack under pressure.
2) 50 push-ups in the mornings feels good. Don’t just do sit-ups in bed!
3) For at least one day each week, completely refrain from thinking about home.
4) Homesickness means you are fortunate enough to have a fantastic family. Be grateful, not mournful.
5) Eventually you’ll get good at eating all the food on your plate.
6) Buy Sticky notes…they will be used.
7) Start your Mission Journal a couple of weeks before you leave the MTC. You’ll be amazed at how much you can learn looking back.
8) Bring an extra pair of glasses or contacts (if you wear glasses).
9) Get to church early. Get to everything early.
10) Practice recipes before you get into the field. Or at least bring some with you. Once you’ve left the MTC, grilled cheese and cold cereal starts to get old.
11) Memorize D&C 4, Your Purpose, and the Standard of Truth.
12) If you play piano, memorize as many hymns as possible to play at a moment’s notice. They WILL hunt you down.
13) Remember, the Lord blesses the families of missionaries.
For the rest, please go to the original article on Lay Treasures in Heaven.