Who hasn’t wanted to receive a letter to Hogwarts? Well, missionaries get an even better letter inviting them to an MTC that might just have a few similarities to Hogwarts from Harry Potter. This one is just for chuckles.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published on Utah Valley 360.
1. Both get their acceptance letters in the mail.
Missionaries wait weeks anticipating their mission call to come in the mail. That isn’t quite as long as waiting for a Hogwarts acceptance letter, but you get the point.
2. Both fight against the Dark Lord.
3. Both teach the importance of pronunciation.
Any missionary who has learned a new language can attest to some embarrassing story from mispronounced words.
4. Both have high security.
There’s a protective fence lining the MTC with a “scary” security guard watching all who enter.
5. There’s a Great Hall with an all-you-can-eat buffet.
Freshman 15? Ha! Bring on the missionary 30.
Read the rest at Utah Valley 360.
Latest posts by LDS Missionaries (see all)
- LDS missionary finds his own Jr. Jazz jersey while serving in Africa - May 6, 2017
- How I Never Got Sick on My Mission to Africa - May 2, 2017
- DEAR MISSIONARY….IT’S YOUR CALL - May 1, 2017