While Mormons and Christians believe in many of the same things, and both require great faith to keep those beliefs, there are differences between what I believe is Mormonism and other Christians. Here are 21 major differences as I see it, and do understand this is simply what I believe – I’m not declaring doctrine for the LDS Church. I do hope I’m in line with that Church:
- We follow the living prophet over ALL written scripture.
- Life is a matter of becoming, not barely missing or making heaven.
- Absolute circle of life began before beginnings.
- Man is co-eternal with God. That means, among other things, that we’ve always existed.
- Man was not created to bring Glory to God, for God is not the Universe’s egotist or megalomaniac, but He created us to bring about our Eternal (meaning God-like) existence.
- The Afterlife is for doing, not praising and playing harps. God expects us to do things – progress eternally.
- Worship is an individual, not a collective matter and not from another human.
- Ordinances won’t save you, but they are part of becoming like our Father.
- All of the laws, ordinances, rules, commandments are given to help man become like our Father.
For the rest go to Meridian Magazine.
Latest posts by LDS Missionaries (see all)
- How Missionaries Get Sick and How to Avoid it - Jun 16, 2017
- LDS missionary finds his own Jr. Jazz jersey while serving in Africa - May 6, 2017
- How I Never Got Sick on My Mission to Africa - May 2, 2017