1. Joseph Smith’s famous leg surgery was actually the fourth in a series of surgeries. The first surgery doctors had to lance his shoulder to drain it of infected material, the second and third times they tried to drain his leg, and the fourth time they removed the bone.
2. Emma wouldn’t let Joseph into the garden because people would gather just to be around him and would trample the plants.
3. The Prophet once taught that “complainers cannot be exalted.”
4. During the translation of the Book of Mormon, Joseph and Oliver Cowdery translated about 12 pages a day.
5. Joseph Smith was often known for his sense of humor. One of the phrases Heber C. Kimball recalled him using to get people to work on something was to “Yankee doodle do it.”
Read the full article at LDSLiving.
Latest posts by LDS Missionaries (see all)
- LDS Couple Sends Powerful Message With Holiday Video - Nov 23, 2017
- See the Apostles Like You’ve Never Seen Them Before - Nov 18, 2017
- BYU Grad Accidentally Kills Cancer - Aug 26, 2017